AND
5804 documents
668/5804 results        
Description
Image ID680
TitleGerman, American, and Japanese Consulates
CollectionVirtual Shanghai
LocationShanghai IS
Date1915
Estimated datebefore 1917
Image typeBlack and white photograph
Material form
of image
Paper
Private RepositoryIAO
Note(s)The buildings are: the German Consulate (1st from left), the American Consulate (2nd from left) and the Japanese Consulate (3rd from left) and the German Church (left background). The German Consulate-General on the Hongkew Bund opened in 1886 and was pulled down in 1937. The German chapel at left was completed in 1903. The Japanese Consulate-General, designed by Fukui Hisaichi, opened in 1911. The building is still there, with some alterations. The site had served the Japanese Consulate since 1879. Next to it, the U.S. Consulate-General (1911-1930).
Keyword(s) [en]building ; consulate ; Japan ; Germany ; American ; church
Keyword(s) [fr]bâtiment;consulat;Japon;Allemagne;Americain;église
Street nameWhangpoo
Repository
Event description
computeNbBuilding0
Image

Preview Image
dbImage_ID-680_No-1.jpeg

Get original resolution
IMAGE24247.JPEG (74.04 ko)

File information
- size: 74.04 ko
- type: image/jpeg

668/5804 results        
 
© 2003-2021 IrAsia - Projet Director: Pr. Christian Henriot
Site created by Gérald Foliot with webActors - Hosted by TGIR Huma-num
The site is part of the Virtual Cities Project: Beijing - Hankou - Saigon - Shanghai - Suzhou - Tianjin - Wenzhou - Zhejiang
Select language : English | 简体字 | 繁體字


Page rendering in 0.074s