|Title||Tongji University School of Medicine|
|Image type||Black and white photograph|
|Note(s)||This building hosted the attached middle school of the Tongji University School of Medicins.
The history of Tongji University can be traced back to 1907 when Tongji German Medical School was founded by Erich Paulun, a German doctor in Shanghai. The school was expanded to include engineering in its programs and got its new name as Tongji Medical and Engineering School in 1912. It was formally established as a university in 1923 and was renamed as National Tongji University in 1927. During the World War Two, the university campus was moved from Shanghai first to Zhejiang Province, then to Jiangxi Province and Yunnan Province and later to Sichuan Province. It was eventually moved back to Shanghai in 1946.
The Medical College of National Tongji University was attached to the Tongji Hospital founded in Shanghai in 1900 and the Hankou Union Hospital founded in 1866 as teaching hospitals.|
|Keyword(s) [en]||school ; university ; hospital ; Tongji ; Jiangwan|
|Street name||Gee Mei|